Andrew Garfield stepping back from acting: ‘I need to just be ordinary for a while’
Wednesday - 27/04/2022 21:33
Oscar-nominated actor Andrew Garfield has revealed he is stepping back from acting, adding he wants to live an “ordinary” life.
Andrew Garfield has made candid comments about his career, saying he needs to be “ordinary for a while”.
The 38-year-old British-US actor said he plans to step away from acting – for now – following a busy year starring in several high-profile projects and a “washing machine” of an awards season, including the infamous Oscars in March.
Garfield indeed had an action-packed year on the big screen last year, appearing in the blockbuster Spider-Man: No Way Home and The Eyes Of Tammy Faye. He nabbed a 2022 Oscar nomination for Best Actor for Tick, Tick … Boom! and also stars in the FX series Under The Banner Of Heaven, which premieres April 28 on Hulu, New York Postreports.
“I’m going to rest for a little bit,” he told Variety in an interview published on Thursday.
“I need to recalibrate and reconsider what I want to do next and who I want to be and just be a bit of a person for a while.”
He also compared the awards season to a churning “washing machine,” suggesting he needed rest and recuperation after it.
“I need to just be a bit ordinary for a while,” he said.
That may include hanging up the Spider-Man costume for a while, despite the success of the latest film instalment, telling Variety earlier this year that he has “no plans” to reprise the role again.
Despite his wishes to step back, Garfield is still seemingly in demand.
He’s reportedly lined up a lead role in BBC’s upcoming Brideshead Revisited miniseries, which reportedly also cast Ralph Fiennes, Joe Alwyn and Cate Blanchett.
This story originally appeared on New York Post and was reproduced with permission