​Queen’s official cause of death revealed ​

Thursday - 29/09/2022 10:43
Part of Queen Elizabeth II’s death certificate has been released, confirming her official cause of death weeks after her passing.

Queen Elizabeth II’s death certificate has confirmed her formal cause of death was “old age”, and revealed exactly when she passed away, shedding new light on the timeline of that tragic day.

The certificate, part of which was released by the National Records of Scotland on Thursday night, Australian time, confirms that Her Majesty died at 3.10pm on September 8 at Balmoral Castle. Old age is the only cause listed.

The document shows the official informant was the Queen’s daughter Princess Anne, who was at her bedside when she died.

Elizabeth II’s death was registered in Aberdeenshire on September 16.
 

Queen Elizabeth. Picture: Tolga Akmen/AFP
Queen Elizabeth. Picture: Tolga Akmen/AFP


The revelation that she died at 3.10pm adds more context to the efforts senior royal family members, including her grandsons William and Harry, made to reach her bedside.

Her son Prince Charles - now King Charles III - arrived at Balmoral at 10.30am, joining his sister, Princess Anne. They would ultimately be the only family members to make it in time.

A public statement from Buckingham Palace, which revealed doctors were concerned for the Queen’s health and set off a storm of media coverage, was issued just after 12.30pm.

Her Majesty was still alive when the RAF plane carrying Prince William, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex, took off for Balmoral at 2.39pm. That flight had been scheduled to leave at 1.30pm, but suffered a mysterious delay.

The group landed in Aberdeen at 3.50pm. By the time they arrived at Balmoral Castle, after 5pm, the Queen had been dead for about two hours.

Prime Minister Liz Truss was told at 4.30pm.

Then there is William’s brother, Prince Harry, who didn’t take off from Luton Airport in Bedfordshire until 5.35pm. Some British publications later reported Harry was told of his grandmother’s death only minutes before the 6.30pm announcement to the public.

This would mean he only found out more than three hours after it happened.

Harry’s plane finally landed at 6.46pm, and he reached Balmoral at 7.52pm.
 

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, walking in the procession behind the Queen’s coffin. Picture: Phil Noble/Getty Images
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, walking in the procession behind the Queen’s coffin. Picture: Phil Noble/Getty Images
 

The revelation that Elizabeth II died at 3.10pm raises fresh questions about when, exactly, Charles told Harry not to bring his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, to Scotland.

“Charles told Harry that it wasn’t right or appropriate for Meghan to be in Balmoral at such a deeply sad time,” a source told The Sun in the days after the death.

“It was pointed out to him that Kate was not going and that the numbers really should be limited to the very closest family. Charles made it very, very clear that Meghan would not be welcome.”

Harry and Meghan issued an initial announcement that they would be flying to Scotland together at 2pm. He ended up leaving London more than three hours after that.

The news that Meghan would not be joining him emerged via Omid Scobie, a journalist close to the Sussexes, at 4.44pm.

“A source has shared an update stating that only Prince Harry has made the trip up to Balmoral,” Scobie wrote on social media.

We now know that was more than 90 minutes after the Queen’s death.

More to come.

Author: Editors Desk

Source:

 Keywords: British Royal Family

Total notes of this article: 0 in 0 rating

  Reader Comments

Newer articles

Older articles

You might also be interested in:
​Musk claps back after Kanye’s ‘final tweet’   ​

​Musk claps back after Kanye’s ‘final tweet’ ​

Kanye West has posted his “final tweet” after praising Adolf Hitler while wearing a black hood that...

You did not use the site, Click here to remain logged. Timeout: 60 second